European Disabled Golf Association
Scottish Open 2016 - The Sidey Cup
Scottish Open 2016 - The Sidey Cup
Schedule - August 2016
Mon-22: Practice day
Tues-23: 1st Round
Wed-24: 2n Round
Thu-25: Final Round
Welcome to the Scottish Open 2016 - The Sidey Cup
The Scottish Disability Open Golf Championship is an approved European Disabled Golf Association Access competition and is supported by The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews and Scottish Golf Limited. This competition will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf approved by the R&A and also with the Modification of the Rules of Golf for Golfers with Disabilities. The European Disabled Golf Association (EDGA) rules on minimum disabilities apply.
Golf will be played on two courses, the Montgomerie will host golfers with handicaps of 18.4 and under, Stroke Play, while the adjacent Bruce Golf Course, will host the 18.5 and above golfers Stableford.
The competition is played in the following categories:
1) = 0-18.4: Stroke play
2) = 18,5: Stableford with handicap
Schedule for August
Monday-22 Arrival & practice round
Tuesday-23 First round and opening ceremony
Wednesday-24 Second round
Thursday-25 Final round, prize giving dinner at the hotel
Entry to the Scottish Open is available to both SDGP and EDGA members and the entry fee is only £50 (Sterling), which includes the EDGA members competition fee. The hotel rates are non-negotiable and have been made available for all players, caddies, family and/or friends, who wish to stay for additional nights.
- 4 golf rounds, 3 nights Bed, Breakfast & Evening Dinner + Presentation Soup/sandwiches is only £230 per person, based on two golfers sharing a two bed room.
- 4 golf rounds, 3 nights Bed, Breakfast & Evening Dinner + Presentation Soup/sandwiches is £270, for single room occupancy.
- A non-resident, golf only entry is available for the 4 rounds and will cost each golfer £125.
James Gales MBE +44 (0) 7903 596 552)
More Scottish Open details
- Airport Shuttle – Thanks to support from Scottish Golf, a limited pick up, will be provided too and from Edinburgh Airport only, on Sunday 21 (afternoon/evening), on Monday 22 (morning), on Thursday 25 (evening) and on Friday 26 (morning). To access this transport, golfers must notify the SDGP of their arrival and departure times in Edinburgh and the number of passengers travelling.
- The Tournament is a Scottish Disability Golf event, who are operating a European Disabled Golf, Access competition
- The Event Team is Michelle Cunningham, Steven Cunningham, Janet Gales & Alan Robertson
- The Event Referee & Scorer is Gavin Dunn of Scottish Golf Limited
- The Event Observer & Scorer is Robert Moss of European Disabled Golf
- The Event Medical Observer is Mark Smith of European Disabled Golf
- The Event Tees will be, Montgomerie GC (18.4 and under) Whites, Ladies Red and in the event of a tie in any category there will be a play-off. Bruce GC (18.5 and above) Yellows, Ladies Red. In the event of a tie in any category there will be a card play-off.
- For practice, golf balls will be available daily at the nets. the practice area is in the centre of the complex.
- Shared carts are being provided for Open players. Pull golf trolleys are Available from the Pro-shop at your own account.
- The EDGA Access Series golf handicap has a maximum of 54
Contact the Green Hotel, Chelsai Syme +44 (0) 1577 863 467 (Booking code: BK009540)
- It is only one hours drive to St Andrews from the Green Hotel. Kinross is located south of Perth just off the M90 on the banks of Loch Leven. Getting to Kinross is easy, especially from the Central Belt: drive time to Glasgow is 60 minutes and 30 minutes to Edinburgh.