European Disabled Golf Association
EDGA Algarve Open 2017
EDGA Algarve Open 2017
Closing Date: 30-09-2017
NB: When completing this online entry form, you will be required to pay the EDGA fee of €15 or €30 for Non-EDGA countries.
Schedule - November 2017
Thu-23: Practice day
Fri-24: 1st Round
Sat-25: Final Round
Welcome to the
EDGA Algarve Open 2017
This EDGA Access Event is being organised by EDGA and sponsored by the Associação Turismo do Algarve along with the Portuguese Golf Federation and will bring down the curtain on the 2017 EDGA tournament season. The event will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf approved by the R&A Rules Limited and also with the Modification of The Rules of Golf for Golfers with Disabilities. The competition is opened to all EDGA registered players.
Wednesday Nov 22nd
- Arrival - Free of charge transfers from Faro airport to Vila Sol at scheduled times on these days only. Journey time approximately. These transfers are being sponsored by Associação Turismo do Algarve
Thursday Nov 23rd
- Official practice day. Welcome Cocktail at the Vila Sol resort
- Arrival - Free of charge transfers from Faro airport to Vila Sol at scheduled times. Journey time approximately 30 minutes. These transfers are being sponsored by Associação Turismo do Algarve
Friday Nov 24th
- 1st day of the EDGA Access series
Saturday Nov 25
- 2nd day of the EDGA Access series.
- Welcome Drink & Gala Dinner sponsored by Associação Turismo do Algarve
Sunday Nov 26
- Departure - Free of charge transfers from Vila Sol to Faro airport at scheduled times on this day only. Journey time approximately 30 mins
- Sunday evening or Monday morning departure - Free of charge transfers from Vila Sol to Faro airport for 10 invited players for the Handi Junior at scheduled times
The entrance fee is €115 for players and €85 for non-players and includes the following:
- Transfers between the airport and the official hotel are available at specific times on Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd and also on Sunday 24th November.
- Invite to the welcome cocktail on Thursday 23rd November.
- Invite to the Gala Dinner on Saturday 25th November.
- Green fees, driving range balls, buggy or trolley on 24, 25 & 26 (not available for non-players)
- Applications will be accepted using the official EDGA online registration form until close of business 17.00 on the 30th September 2017. All entries will be date and time logged
- The final field will be informed by email and their entry confirmed on the website by the 4th of October 2017
- In the case that the field of 55 competitors is not complete by the 30th October, we will accept entries from eligible competitors on a first come, first served basis
Once again we are very pleased to have the Pestana Vila Sol Resort Hotel as the official hotel for the EDGA Algarve Open. The hotel breakfast room is literally a short pitch from to the driving range, a seven or eight to the clubhouse and just a good drive to the first tee. We have agreed room rates with the Hotel which can be booked by using the code EDGA2017 as follows:
Price per room, per night with buffet breakfast included.
Single Room BB € 65,00
Twin Room BB € 75,00
Lunch bags for the tournament can be booked at the check-in for € 12.50 per day
Although the Welcome Cocktail and Gala Dinner is included in the entry fee, other dinners are optional and are not included. Lunch bags for the tournament days can be booked at the check-in for €11.00 per day. For those wishing to take advantage of the Hotel offer you should contact Alexandra Reis by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and state the EDGA2017 code. Any hotel fees / extras should be paid directly to the hotel.
Hotel Address & Phone Number
Pestana Vila Sol
Tel +(351) 289320320
CHAMPIONSHIP AND OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
Referees: Official referees will be provided by the Portuguese Golf Federation
Flights to the nearest Airport is Faro, approximate journey time 30 mins. A shuttle service will only be available from Faro Airport
Transfers from Faro airport to Vila Sol at scheduled times. Journey time approximately 30 minutes
Trolleys will be available on the golf course, reservations are required in the golf shop
Buggies will be available for players with an EDGA medical pass with a buggy indication
Official Time: The clocks of the club house at the first tee will display the official time and will be your reference for the pace of play
Prize Giving will be according the EDGA prize giving ceremony manual
RULES AND CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- Regulations: Entries will be accepted from players in possession of an EDGA medical pass and an officially recognised golf handicap approved by their NGB
- Handicap limits: EDGA PREMIER series 26.4. EDGA CHALLENGE series 36.0. EDGA ACCESS series 54.0
- The players certify the exact handicap, and this should be forward with the competitors entry form and updated with a copy of the certificate upon arrival
- Conditions of play: If the organisation receives less than five entries of female players, all female players will play in the general category
- Male and females will play from the respective designated tournament tees
- In the event of a tie in any category there will be a sudden death play-off. The play off holes will be decided by the Organising Committee and will be subject to availability on the day
- Any player to be found in breach of the tournament “Code of Conduct” will be disqualified. It is the responsibility of the players to make sure that they familiarise themselves with the Code of Conduct
- Before the closing date EDGA will accept entries from a competitor who meets the eligibility criteria and has a current EDGA Pass
1) Two players nominated by each EDGA member country
2) Players with lowest golf handicaps entered at the closing date will make up the field
3) After the closing date a maximum of three players nominated by EDGA at its own discretion can make up the field
EDGA ACCESS series tournament